An international jury in Copenhagen annually awards the Blue Flag to the best beaches in the world. Evaluation criteria - high quality water and recreation conditions. This year, 32 beaches in Montenegro were awarded the Blue Flag, which is 2 awards more than last year.
The first Blue Flag in Montenegro for 2020 was flown at Kalardovo beach, Tivat Riviera. The awards ceremony was also held there, at which the director of the National Tourism Organization Zeljka Radak Kukavicic solemnly raised the Blue Flag. Also, the Blue Flag has been awarded to the Marina in Bar.
Budva Riviera traditionally became the leader in the number of awards. 17 beaches received the Blue Flag:
- Blue Beach
- S&I Beach Life,
- "Escallera" and "Posejdon" in the resort area "Yaz",
- San Trope and Time Out on the Slovenian beach, in Budva itself,
- "Dolce Vita", Samsara Deluxe, Bella Vista and "Sveti Toma" in Becici village,
- Kamenovo 17A in the town of Kamenovo,
- “Galija” in the town of Crvena Glavica,
- Pura Vida in the resort area Drobni-Piesak, near the village of Rezevici,
- “Ponta” and “Lučice” in Petrovac.
Second place Ulcinj Riviera. Here, nine beaches are awarded:
- Toni Gril,
- "Europe" (Evropa),
- Pearl beach
- MCM beach,
- "Copacabana" (Copacabana),
- White beach
- Cabo beach.
Further on the list - Barsky Riviera. Four beaches here received the blue flag:
- "Center" (Centar) and "Corali" in Sutomore,
- "Paradiso" in Solace,
- Vela beach in the village of Chan.
Also, two beaches of the municipality received the Blue Flag Tivat:
- Plavi horizonti on the Lustica peninsula
- "Kalardovo" (Kalardovo).
And here is the riviera Herceg Novi in this year was left without awards. In past years, the Blue Flag was awarded to the Stevuzo beach in the Dobreč Bay in Lustica.
The Blue Flag program has been implemented in Montenegro since 2003, when the public organization Ecom became a member of the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) - the author of the project.
The blue flag is an internationally recognized and recognizable symbol of high standards in the field of tourism and environmental protection. The award is given to beaches and marinas that meet 32 program criteria in four areas: seawater quality, beach services and safety, environmental standards and public awareness of the environmental values of the sea and coast
December 03, 2019
The well-known Voli retail chain has become an investor in a multifunctional complex. The project cost is 8 million euros.
September 02, 2019
This is 18,5% higher compared to the same period last year.